High Core Integrity Burnout Oven Process and Core-Loss Testing:
Bradleys has the capability to core-loss test a stator of any size. Our procedures, as documented in our ISO 9001:2015 Program, requires testing the stator core before and after the burnout process. There is disagreement within the motor industry today about the impact of the burnout oven temperature on core stability. Bradleys burnout process strictly adheres to the temperature guidelines established by the OEM or EASA Tech Note 17 to protect the integrity of the core. The state-of-the-art burnout ovens, fully equipped with temperature controllers and water quenching systems, maintain the appropriate temperature ranges during the burnout cycles, effectively protecting the core materials. Oftentimes, the core-loss test results improve after the burnout.
Bradleys CLR Process Avoids the Expense of Restacking:
Using thermography testing equipment, Bradleys locates and repairs all core "hot spots" to within a tolerance of less than 10°CΔ anywhere throughout the core iron assembly. If part of the core lamination is damaged, Bradleys CLR process restores the core's physical shape and integrity without restacking the core. The CLR process is proven 100% effective in restoring the core;saving our customer the expense of a restacking and loss production time.
Bradleys Electrical Rewind and Testing Facilities include:
- Climate controlled winding area (6,000 sq ft )
- Phenix Core Tester: Certified ISO 9001:2008 Calibration Procedure
- Two Vacuum Pressure Impregnation (VPI) systems up to 12' diameter
- High Temperature polyester resin (200°C), rated for rapid temperature flucuations and vibration applications.
- 15KV Class H Epoxy Resin
- Class F (155°C) to Class H (180°C) insulation and wedge ratings
- Three temperature controlled burnout ovens up to 4,000 cu ft and 50 ton capacity
- The burnout oven chart recordings
- Three temperature controlled bake ovens up to 4,000 cu ft and 50 ton capacity
- Burnout Oven Process Approved for Nuclear Motor Stators
“Thank you for the great job and the timely manner in which Bradleys repaired and rewound our customer’s motor.”
Jobina Williams, Atlas Copco Compressor, LLC
Testing and Restoration of Your Motor For Reliable Performance.
EASA Accreditation of Bradleys’ means that the firm has successfully demonstrated that it follows the prescribed good practices to consistently deliver quality electromechanical repairs that maintain or improve AC electric motor efficiency and reliability.
Now approved with Greenmotors.org for our ability to rewind motors to their original efficiency. This is a rebate program sponsored by energy/power generators for industries to use companies like ours to rewind their electric motors and save energy.